The Vermont Silver Jackets Team strives to create an atmosphere of community and collaboration that is focused not on the missions of individual agencies, but on the flood risk mitigation and management needs of the state of Vermont. We provide an interagency approach to sharing and combining resources, including funding, programs and technical expertise as appropriate to meet these needs. We promote and look to enhance projects consistent with Vermont's adopted Hazard Mitigation Plan, and we assist with the identification and communication of flood risk and implementation strategies to mitigate and manage flood risk.
- Ensure interagency protocols and or agreements are in place to foster continuous pre- and post- disaster collaboration
- Develop and maintain a common information matrix of State and Federal programs which identifies limitations and opportunities for flood risk management
- Develop and execute a unified action plan for implementing high priority actions identified in the State's hazard mitigation plan, including the mitigation of riverine erosion hazards
- Participate in a joint outreach program to deliver a unified flood risk message
- Jointly provide specific input to agencies on barriers that their existing programs, policies or processes present to effective flood risk management
- Collaborate to identify innovative pilot projects that can reduce flood risk and could be candidates for the Silver Jacket Pilot Project Program
- Participate with Federal and State agencies emergency managers/technical staff/senior staff during response and recovery activities