The South Dakota Silver Jackets Team was established in 2012.
To enhance intergovernmental partnerships which will result in comprehensive and sustainable solutions to South Dakota State flooding and other hazards.
Through an intergovernmental team of state and federal agencies, a collaborative process will:
- Facilitate strategic, integrated life-cycle risk management, including response, recovery, preparedness, and mitigation actions to reduce the threat, vulnerability, and consequences of flooding and other hazards in the State of South Dakota;
- Create or supplement a collaborative mechanism to solve flooding and other hazard issues and recommend mitigation measures;
- Foster leveraging of available agency resources and information;
- Increase and improve flooding and other hazard communication and outreach;
- Develop more comprehensive regional risk management strategies; and
- Integrate mitigation measures into recovery actions.