The North Dakota Silver Jackets Program provides a partnership for an interagency approach to planning and implementing measures to reduce the risks associated with flooding and other natural hazards in the State of North Dakota. The North Dakota Silver Jackets Team Charter was signed in September 2013.
Mission Statement: to establish an intergovernmental team of State and Federal agencies, that through a collaborative process will:
- facilitate strategic, integrated life-cycle mitigation actions to reduce the threat, vulnerability and consequences of flooding in the State of North Dakota
- create a mechanism to help solve flood risk issues and recommend mitigation measures
- foster leveraging of agency resources and information
- increase and improve flood risk communication and outreach
- develop comprehensive flood risk management strategies