The Territory of Guam Silver Jackets team was established and formalized with adoption of its charter in May 2019. Signatory agencies comprise the Core Team.
Serve as a catalyst in developing comprehensive and sustainable solutions to Guam's hazard issues, including mitigation planning, flood hazard mapping, risk reduction activities, response and recovery planning, community resilience, and climate change adaptation in the Territory of Guam.
The Core Team will establish a continuous inter-agency collaborative team working with other Territory and Federal Agencies to:
- Enable the effective and efficient sharing of information;
- Foster leveraging of available agency resources;
- Provide improved service to our mutual customers;
- Promote wise stewardship of the taxpayers' investment;
- Provide assistance in identifying and prioritizing actions to reduce the threat, vulnerability, and consequences of flooding in the Territory of Guam; and
- Promote methods and efforts to increase community resilience to natural hazards and the impacts of climate change.