The Colorado Silver Jackets team is an interagency partnership dedicated to finding long-term solutions for Colorado's flood risk management.
Through an intergovernmental team of State and Federal agencies, a collaborative process will:
- Facilitate strategic, integrated life-cycle mitigation actions to reduce the threat, vulnerability and consequences of floods in Colorado;
- Create or supplement a mechanism to collaboratively solve flood risk issues and recommend mitigation measures;
- Foster leveraging of available agency resources and information;
- Increase and improve flood risk communication and outreach;
- Improve upon comprehensive regional flood risk management strategies; and
- Integrate mitigation measures and recovery actions