Silver Jackets Newsletter
The latest Silver Jackets Newsletter, The Buzz (PDF, 3.84 MB), shares news from different agencies, state teams, and highlights the successful efforts of the Illinois Valley Regional Flood Resiliency Alliance.
Webinars & Presentations
Building Cultures of Preparedness
The webinar highlights the findings and recommendations contained in a report published by the FEMA Higher Education Program titled "Building Cultures of Preparedness" (pdf, 4.5 MB). The report suggests that a culture-based approach to the community and household level preparedness goals laid out in FEMA's 2018-2022 Strategic Plan can help us achieve the nation's new resilience goals. The webinar discusses the demands of our distinctive and heterogeneous local environments and the ways in which the resilience we desire will have to be built one community at a time. Four guiding principles to implement successful strategies to build cultures of preparedness are described as well as example applications.
- Wendy Walsh - FEMA Emergency Management Higher Education Program
- Katherine E. Browne - Colorado State University / Culture & Disaster Action Network (CADAN)
- Laura Olson - Georgetown University / Culture & Disaster Action Network (CADAN)
- Jenny Hegland - Jenny Hegland Consulting
- Julie Maldonado - Livelihoods Knowledge Exchange Network (LiKEN) / Culture & Disaster Action Network (CADAN)
- Elizabeth Marino - Oregon State University / Culture & Disaster Action Network (CADAN)
- Keely Maxwell - Environmental Protection Agency / Culture & Disaster Action Network (CADAN)
- Eric Stern - University of Albany-SUNY, College of Emergency Preparedness, Homeland Security, and Cyber-Security
- Ana-Marie Jones - Interpro
The recorded session and transcript are available.
Date: April 16, 2019
Webinars & Presentations Archive