Louisiana Silver Jackets
The Louisiana Silver Jackets State team was established in April of 2015 with the main goal of increasing efficiency and coordination between the State and Federal governments in developing comprehensive and sustainable solutions to flood risk management in the State of Louisiana.Â Charter members include:
- Louisiana Department of Transportation Office of Public Works
- Louisiana Protection and Restoration Authority
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- United States Army Corps of Engineers
The core agencies of the Louisiana Silver Jackets State Team have establish an inter-agency communications team working with other State and Federal Agencies to:
- Enable the effective and efficient sharing of information,
- Foster the leveraging of available agency resources,
- Reinforce risk communication to all residents and stakeholders, and
- Focus outreach efforts on the state and federal level to ensure the message of flood risk management reaches the entire state
The team is currently working to meet the following goals:
- Become a unified resource to State and Federal officials for flood risk management within the State of Louisiana.
- Work with communities through extensive public outreach to develop comprehensive and sustainable solutions to flood risk management.
- Identify risk communication opportunities and gaps to combine resources in an effort to minimize duplication of effort.
- Document and share information on current projects and initiatives.
- Catalog and share information on past and future projects and initiatives; incorporate documentation from Goal #4.
- Prioritize current and future initiatives individually and collectively.
- Identify other collaboration opportunities to combine resources and identify gaps in an effort to minimize duplication of effort, target needs, and increase synergy.
- Identify and facilitate improvements to existing programs, policies and processes.
- Educate team members about individual programs, identifying limitations and opportunities within the program.